Sunday, May 1, 2011

It’s a problem or difficulty!

It’s a problem or difficulty!


This morning I had gone to the beatification ceremony of Pope John Paul II at the St Peter’s Square. It was a special moment for me as he would be the first blessed of the Catholic Church whom I saw. I had seen him as a young boy of six, when he came to visit my country. I always cherish that moment. If I begin to write on the impression he had left in me, I may pen a few pages, which I do not intend to do right now. Rather I would pen a simple thought which has been haunting me since morning.

As I was returning from St Peter’s Square with a good friend of mine, we began to speak topics related to our lives. I told me him that I was finding a bit tough my studies, especially with regard to language Italian. He gave a very patient hearing. As I finished, he pointed out to me that I have mentioned a few times the word ‘problem’. He said, “This is not a problem but difficulty. As time passes by you will overcome the difficulties.”

I asked him why did he say difficulty but not problem.

“Problem has a very negative connotation. Some of the problems cannot be overcome. But we can always face the difficulties. We can overcome them if you work hard.”

I found certain logic on his view. Soon we have parted as he went to his community and I returned to my community. But the little conversation is still lingering.

I have just hardly one month left before I begin my exams. I know I have to do a lot for the exams. It is as simple as that I have to burn my midnight oil. Will I look at it as a problem or difficulties or better as ‘challenge’? While this remain to see , meanwhile the Spirit of Blessed Pope John Paul II is with me…

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...