Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Silently doing the God’s will

Silently doing the God’s will

For a day the festivity was all around our house. It was the occasion of the Diaconal Ordination of the third year. There were many guests, many unfamiliar faces. From my room I could hear the crying of children and laughing of women in our corridor. Later I heard from one of my companions that he got up from bed early in the morning as I heard the crying of a child. Initially he was not sure either he was dreaming.
After the holy mass, we had an informal felicitation and chit-chat. Most of us were busy entertaining our guests. I preferred to serve snacks to the guests as I did not know many people. While I was serving the guests I was trying to spot out Bro Salvadore Mora sj, the senior most member of our community. He is the person who always makes a point to meet and greet every guest of our house. I was rather surprised not to see him around. I kept looking for him. At one point one of the guests asked me if I could show him the way out. I readily agreed. As I went near the main door, I found Bro Mora. A typical Jesuit Brother, following the footsteps of Saint Alphonse Rodriguez (a Jesuit Brother), quietly serving the will of God. I asked him, “Brother what are you doing here?”

“I am here to receive and see off the guests,” he replied with a smile.

“Did you take something,” I asked.

“No, let the guests eat first,” he replied with another smile. “We must serve our guests first.”

I knew there is no point pursuing him to take something. He will take something only when every guest leaves the house. Here is an ideal Jesuit. He never complains for anything and ever ready to help others. Just silently doing the God’s will…







No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...