Thursday, October 6, 2011

The happiness…

Often I do seek for happiness! I do enjoy every moment when I am happy. But how/where do I get happiness! I did think about it in the past. But never was I so serious to find an appropriate answer. I always thought happiness must be something to do with philosophy or psychology. But it was only yesterday dinner time I experienced a sense of great happiness and joy. Thought it might appear very stupid but for me it was a new discovery. Yesterday morning while having breakfast, I had a very interesting chat with an Italian Jesuit. He was narrating to me about his trip to India. Though many years I spent in India (sometimes do feel I am an Indian!), I did not notice many of the things which he noticed during his short stay. I was surprised to note how he described the happiness of Indian people. As an example he said that Indian people experience a great sense of happiness after having a decent meal. I was surprised to note it. I never gave a thought in this way.

Now what was my happiness? After a three months summer vacation I am just back to Rome. The first one month I was in Bangladesh and had ‘Bangladeshi/Indian food’ practically every day. But the last two months I was mostly travelling in Europe. I was looking forward to have some decent Indian food. Yesterday I was so happy when I saw rice and dal for the dinner. I ate almost the double amount than the other days. I really felt a sense of happiness as I was having my dinner. How true that Italian Jesuit was!!!Happiness is in and around us…only just we have to see and find it…

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...