Sunday, August 7, 2011

Remembering a lost friend!

I have almost forgotten that the friendship day is being celebrated today! When I opened my facebook this morning I happened to notice it. Thus I sent wishes to some of my friends. Though I am not so crazy about sending wishes, it was in a way replying their wishes.


As I was remembering my friends, a face came into my mind. In fact I have been looking for him for sometimes. I tried all the possible means to find him. But until now I could not trace him. I did send him mails. But never got a reply from him! I met him almost 14 years ago, when I got admission at Notre Dame College, Dhaka. We would often sit in the same desk as our roll numbers were one after the other(not sure!). We shared our notes, especially home works. I do remember that he did my geography practical assignment for the final exam. We were three and mostly we would go together. It was after our exams I received a mail from him. Those days phone or email were beyond our imaginations. He asked me to meet him at our college gate on a particular day. But unfortunately I got his letter much later. I could not meet him. I am quite sure that he was angry with me and stopped any sorts of communication with me. On the same year I left my country and till now have been residing outside my country.

Whenever I would visit my country I would search for him. I would look at faces in common places. But never had I got him. On this friendship I want to tell him that still now I remember him and he is one my best friends….and if at all you read this piece please do get in touch with me. The name of my lost friend is – Md. Eftekhar Hossun (Topu)…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...