Saturday, June 18, 2011

Is it really ‘wrong’!

Is it really ‘wrong’!


I must admit that due to social media I have recently been connected with many of my friends whom I did not meet ages. As I plan to visit my country in a few days time, many of them asking me to meet them. They often remind me of our golden yesterdays. One of the things I find common in all of them that they keep on telling me that our childhood days were really good. As we grow we have many problems, many anxieties and many concerns. I do agree with them and think is it too difficult to have a mind like child!

Recently I had to prepare something to present in a public forum. Before presentation I showed it to one of my friends and asked him how he viewed it. Having given his positive comment he said, “It is good for children or people we are not educated! It may turn out to be a matter of joke for an audience of well educated!”

I often like to deal with my close friends like a child (but not childish!) as I used to do years ago. Often I consider life is a fun and we have to take as it comes. Though many appreciate, but I do find that some do not appreciate my silliness. For example just two days ago while I was making fun with one of my friends, he asked  me to be mature! This sounded to me rather ‘tough’. On the contrary a Hindu lady teacher, who taught me many years ago, always tells me to remain like a child as I was in her class. She says many difficulties will come in life but if I have a mind like child I will be able to overcome all the obstacles. I find it a very powerful.

Jesus said to be able to enter the Kingdom of God we have to be like children (Mt 18:3). Though there are many interpretations of these words of Jesus, but I take it as an invitation to have a mind like children. Perhaps this is life…!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...