Saturday, January 15, 2011

Yet another year!

Lost and found!!!
Two weeks have gone by since we welcomed 2011. What makes me surprise that I have not penned anything during these days! How come it possible! I have thought of penning a few lines a many times. But always something or other came on my way. But today, after reading a simple mail, I forced myself to sit in front of my computer.
Though the year started off with a positive note, but soon the atmosphere of festivity was engulfed by the study pressure. First and foremost, it was my assignment for the seminar. Not many days ago, when I expressed my desire to read something written by Karl Rahner, one of the fellow students said, ‘are you mad! It’s too early! Do not get confused with the thoughts of Karl Rahner. Do read them a year later. Though I had a desire, buy I gave up with the timely advice (!) of my companion. Having said, when I checked my assignment list I found that I have to make presentation on an article written by Karl Rahner!!! With a perplexed mood I took the article and started to read. I read it once. What did I understand? Nothing! I would have understood little bit of it, if it were in English. But it was in Italian and I have to present in Itatlian. The standard of my Italian is brutto(in English would be worst), as I say in Italian. With my dictionary and translation programme on computer, I read it once more. But the result is same! Zero! At this point all I could think was to knock at my immediate neighbour’s door. Victor, with his vast knowledge of Italian and Karl Rahner explained to me. I asked him to explain to me JUST a few points. I must admit that he tried his best to simplify for me the article.

I came back to my room. Read it once, twice, thrice…at least seven times. Yes I did got some points. But how do I present in front of the whole class. This time I approached to the only Italian student of our group Vicenzo. He explained to me and made sure that I understood properly. He had fear that I might present my views instead of Karl Rahner! I read it again, again and again. As the result, at the time of presentation I almost memorized the article. I did not find much difficult to present before the group. At the end of my presentation, the professor asked me one question and I was able to answer. What an experience in the first of week of a new year. Oh Karl Rahner!

Then I found many of my classmates have already finished some other home works and gearing up for exams. When I open my book, I found a lot to do. In real sense a lot!!! As things becoming tougher, I began to get tensed. Though I did not want show it out but it was noticed by some. Especially I could not hide from my one friend. After repeated request, I just told that ‘I’m lost’. It did not take much time when I saw a long mail from my friend in my inbox. The simple message was ‘when we recognized that we are lost, we will find ourselves soon.’ Simple message but I found it very powerful. It boasted me. It gave a kick to rise up.

Many a times in our live, we get lost. Things do not go well with us. Everything becomes dark. We do not see any hope. We feel we are lost forever. But little bit of initiative, we can rise up. And of course our friends can be great help to overcome our ‘lostness’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...