Thursday, February 17, 2011

I have reached 50!


Yes, finally exams are over. Last one month everything became topsy-turvy. It will not be exaggeration if I say I literally confined myself in my room. The only place I visited during these days was my university for the exams. The exams pressure was so heavy that I had to leave aside little activities, which I usually enjoy doing. These included my evening walk, little exercise, playing TT, watching film, chatting with my friends, email, face-book and blog. Thanks God, exams are over! Now I can get back to normal life.


As I began to write this post I noticed that this would be my 50th post in this blog. Half a century! Golden jubilee! When I began blogging I never thought I would continue. I never had any great plan for this blog. I did not any goal to reach. I just wanted to give expression of my thoughts. I hardly bothered about the language or the style of writing. I have allowed my thoughts to flow on spontaneously.

This is a fitting occasion to recall what inspired to take a pen and write. It was almost ten years ago. Having done my novitiate I was doing juniorate- a period of learning English and Spirituality. One day I saw an ad for essay competition. I don’t remember what led me to take pen and a paper. I penned a short essay and sent it to the organizing committee without my address. I just wrote my name. It was mandatory that every participant should give their full bio-data and a letter from the head of the institute. I was freighted to approach my Dean of studies. I never had any great expectation from this essay.

It was after a month and so, one of my companions asked me if I had sent any essay for a competition. Before answering him I asked him how he came to know about it. It surprised me when he told a lady teacher, when he was going for Sunday ministry, asked him either he knew anyone by name ‘Ripon Rozario’. It seemed she was asked by an editor, who was the member of the essay competition. It seemed essay was not accepted on the ground that I did not fulfill all the requirements. But this particular editor wanted to publish it in his magazine. Thus he asked this teacher to find out who was this ‘Ripon Rizario’. Though initially I was little bit reluctant, but having considered the eagerness of the editor, I revealed that I was the author of this particular essay. Within a few days I received a phone call from this teacher and asking for my permission to publish this essay. ‘Yes’ I said, ‘go ahead’.

That was the beginning of my little adventure in the world of ‘creative writing and news-reporting’. Hereafter I wrote many articles, short stories, poems - both in Bangla and English. This teacher later became my guide and inspiration. It was because of her inspiration, I wrote many articles even in regular basis in two magazines.

Then my life took different turns. I had to move place to place for my studies and mission. At one point I had almost stopped writing. Roughly two years ago, when I was sent to Dublin, Ireland for a year of regency (pastoral experience) I again thought of giving expression of my thoughts and feelings. This time I began with this blog, as it was more conducive. Thus a blog was created.

Today as I post 50th post I would like to thank all who constantly encouraged and inspired me. Thank you all for your comments and remarks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...