Friday, July 2, 2010

Life in Rome

Life beginning in Rome


Finally I am in Rome! Things happened so quickly. There are many surprises in my life. Sometimes I wonder – am I worthy of all these surprises! But things come along the way…


I do not know remember when I first heard about Rome. I must have heard the stories of Rome and its importance for the Catholics from the holy nuns who schooled me. I would always imagine Rome is meant for only for the priests and nuns. Often I have heard from the priests, narrating their memories of Rome. I do not remember ever dared to dream to visit Rome even if it is only for a short visit.

My good fortune brought to Rome In 2009 Christmas. It was only for a week. I enjoyed every bit of my visit. Visiting churches, attending Holy Father’s Mass, Vatican museum were some of memorable event of my visit. I went back to my destination Dublin, never to think that one day Rome would be my nest for sometimes. When my Religious Superior first proposed to me about the possibility of going to Rome for my theology, I was shocked. It was just a BIG surprise.

Frankly speaking I did not have much time to prepare myself to come to Rome. I was rather busy with my works in Dublin. When Terry said goodbye to me at the Dublin airport, I realized a new chapter was about to begin in my life. The entire journey I was almost standstill. I was lucky enough to have a seat next to window. I kept looking outside. There was fear within me. Again in a new country, new city…

Two Jesuit companions received me at the Rome airport. It took me nearly an hour from the airport to reach my new home…..(will continue)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...