Sunday, July 25, 2010

Journeying with St Ignatius

Day 4: MAGIS


‘When will you finish your formation? When will be ordained a priest?’ These are the few questions I kept on hearing from my near and dear ones, who wish to see me a priest as soon as possible. Each time I face with such type of questions, I just give a smile. I do not blame them for such type of questions as some of my companions who studied with me, have already received ordination to priesthood in different Orders. But personally ‘do I regret for such a long formation?’ My simple answer is NO. Rather I enjoy, because it gives me more time to reflect over life and prepare myself better.


Immediately after my novitiate I was sent to learn English. Right from the beginning our teachers reminded us ‘MAGIS’ of St Ignatius. I was told not to go for mediocrity rather look for MAGIS. This means in a very simple term not to be happy with good or better rather strife for the best! I resumed my university studies after a gap of four years of formal studies. It was tough. But I always kept in mind Ignatian MAGIS. The philosophical studies were also tough and demanding. But my goal, ’MAGIS’ helped me to overcome all the obstacles. Thus MAGIS remains with me as a guiding spirit…

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...