Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26...

My country is great!
Once again March 26 is with us! The celebration for Independence and national day is all around us! The national flag is hoisting ...the patriotic songs are being played in most of the common places. The media is broadcasting special programmes on the importance of March 26.

March 26’1971 took place exactly one decade before my birth. I was fortunate to born in a new independent country called, ‘Bangladesh’. I spent my unforgettable childhood days in my country. Later on my vocation and profession led me to stay outside of my country. But my country was there always in my heart. Over the years I visited my country several times. Each time I visited, i was surprised to find the development and progress is being taking place. I love to see my country making progress.
Sadly, whenever we speak of the country we try to speak of the negativity. We mostly speak of all the problems, which seem to have become part of our life. We tend to avoid speaking all positive things happening in the country. The most noticeable progress is being made in the area of education.  Today most of the children go to school. Girls are equally competing with boys. There were times when women were only housewife. Gone are those days! Today they are equally participating with men in all sectors. There are a lot more...
I know the list of problems in my country is endless. But the encouraging thing is that we have proved how to overcome problems. In spite of continues natural disaster and limited resources we have made tremendous development. Today there are hardly any people in the country who go to bed without food. Our family bond is still very strong and our moral life is highly appreciated.  
Today is not the time to point out all the problems. Rather we should speak of all the good things of our country. We should be proud of our country and her achievements. It is also an invitation for all of us to play our role ...are we ready to play? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...