Friday, January 6, 2012

Words!

Among the many sayings of my mother, these days, often comes to my mind this one: “when you have nothing positive and constructive to say then keep quiet. It is far better to remain silence than to criticize or speak ill of others.”
Why do I suddenly recall this! Just a few days ago I spent a couple of hours with a person, who is well educated and respected. Though I knew him for quite sometimes but I never had any long conversation or close contact. During our conversation I found he was pointing out others’ negative points. I had to listen to him. While he was speaking to me, I said to myself that he would soon speak ill of me with others. My guess has been proved within a couple of hours. But fortunately I came to know all that he had spoken of me.

I have just spent lovely two days in prayer and reflection. I really enjoyed it. Does it give any indication that I should embrace the monastic life! Not at all. I know I cannot keep quite. Even I like to share every secret of my life with others, but not with everyone. I speak and must confess that sometimes I speak stupid and unnecessary things. Perhaps time has come when I should follow the words of my mother. Otherwise I may turn to like that ‘well educated and respected man!’

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...