Sunday, October 10, 2010

My life, my thoughts

A new chapter begins...


Finally the moment has arrived. I have just another few hours before I commence my theological studies. Shortly I’ll go to bed. But when I get up tomorrow, I will have to do things differently. The usual time-table will be replaced by a new time-table. I’ll have to begin ‘student life.’ I’ll have to spend hours after hours sitting at my desk, glancing through books, making notes, writing assignments, preparing for exams…oh whole lots of stuff!


After the gap of two years, once again I begin formal studies. But this period of study is completely different than other studies. This is not only acquiring certificate or degree. This is a preparation stage, a stage very near to my ‘goal’.

When I entered the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) the stage of theology appeared to me a distance future. But time has passed bye. Though today I feel time went bye too fast, but it was not so. It was a long journey of ten years in different formation stages.

There are many thoughts in my minds: exited, anxious, fear, happy,…many more! I am happy to study theology. It is my dream and desire to have profound knowledge of God, Scripture, faith, religion…Many of the times I felt the need the profound knowledge of theology. Studying at the Gregorian University with many more students is also exciting.

But deep down there is fear. My first fear is language. I have to study in Italian language! Oh crazy stuff! Have I ever thought one day I would be studying in Italian language! But this is reality now. In my pocket I have just two months of language course. That’s all! Go, sink, struggle, fight and look for MAGIS. I think St Ignatius would tell me this way only!

As I put off my computer, I do not think of my fear. I give it to HIM, one who has called me. (I have to go to bed now. I do not know when I will write my next blog page, but hopefully soon…)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...