Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Journeying with St Ignatius

Day 6: God has His own plan!


I do believe that one of the main reasons to join the Jesuits was to become a missionary. But after joining the Jesuits I came to know that I have to be ‘missionary in my own country’. Even I will not be able to work in my province Calcutta (India) due to visa problem. I accepted it as God’s plan.


I was sounded that at the end of my first year regency in Calcutta I would be heading to Bangladesh, my home country to continue my regency. It was also my dream to go back to my country almost after ten years. But God has his own plan. At the end of my manifestation with Fr Provincial, he sounded to me that I might not go to my country for my regency rather he was thinking something else. He asked me to be prepared for anything – could be big surprise or big disappointment! When the first statues for the scholastics were out I did not find my name. Meanwhile Fr Socious (Asst. Provincial) asked me to submit my bio-data. One day I happened to meet my Provincial and he said, “There is a possibility for you to go to Ireland for regency. It is not yet official. You will get my letter soon.”

After completing my regency I went to Gujarat (India) to attend a course. It was during the course I got a letter from my Provincial about my regency in Ireland. Except St Patrick and problem in Northern Ireland I have not heard anything of Ireland. A completely new destination! Surprise, shock, happy, frightened…mixed feelings!

I had very enriching experience in Ireland. I have already penned about my experience in Ireland in some of my other articles. All I want to say and strongly believe that it was the partial fulfilment of my inner desire to become a ‘missionary’. Is it too much to term it this way!
God has his own plan…

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...