Saturday, March 31, 2012

When everything is dark!

When someone asked me yesterday how I was, I responded, “I’m a bit down these days.’’ “Come on man, you cannot be. You are all time smiling and going around with your usual activities.” I knew he did not believe me. So I turned a twist and said, “Oh I am just kidding you!” And then we moved to other topics. Time and again I do ask others, ‘how are you’, but often I am not serious. I just ask for sake of asking!



If I honestly have to confess, I would have to say that last few days were one of the most terrible days I have ever had. Through I was doing all that I was supposed to do but deep within me there was turmoil. There were moments when I wanted to give up or run away from the reality! But I kept on going. I wanted to face every moment. I remembered many people shared with me their pains, sorrows and anxieties. Sometimes I did give them suggestion or advice. But frankly speaking I could never enter into their real pain. But now I understand, what does it mean to suffer and when someone has to undergo it alone. I was aware what was happing within me. I did not blame others for my suffering. I accepted it as it came in. And then at one point I became more relax, more free and peace within me!

This week we reflect on the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus. His suffering brings to me the sufferings of other people. There are many people suffering around me. This time of the year, I ask myself, ‘am I aware of their sufferings! Or anyway I am causing suffering for others!’

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...