Friday, February 24, 2012

Along the way!

Yesterday I was feeling a bit heavy. I was looking for something which would give me a break of my unusual activities. Suddenly it clicked me that I could accompany two of my companions as they were going to the ‘HOME’ of Mother Teresa Sisters’ for the weekly service. I called one of them and expressed my desire. He welcomed me and asked me to get ready soon.


When we have arrived at the centre, the Sister In-charge told us to visit and talk with the patients. I entered in a room and found three of them sitting together, rather quiet. By looking at them I could easily make out that they were from South Asia. I introduced myself and began to talk to them. I noticed that two of them were talking to me while the third one was keeping quiet. I asked his name and his country. To my great surprised he responded to me in Bengoli, my mother tongue and told me that he was from Bangladesh. He told me that he was little embarrassed to meet me. I assured him that I was not going to tell anything about him to anyone. Then he began his story. He was regretful for all his past deeds. The money he earned he spent on alcohol and bad company. He was so addicted to the alcohol that at one point he could do nothing with alcohol. As a consequence he lost his job and his friends abandoned him. Meanwhile he lost contacts of his family. When he had nowhere to go somebody told him about the ‘HOME’ of Mother Teresa. He came to the Centre and sisters gave him a place and arranged all the necessary medication for him. He feels much better and looks for a new beginning of his life. He was grateful to the Sisters and all the volunteers who regularly visit him and talk to him. He said that he was convinced still there is God!

When I returned home I was feeling much better. For a moment, all my heaviness, anxieties, fears…left me. I begin to dream for a new beginning! I begin to see life in another perspective!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...