Thursday, December 22, 2011

HE has a plan!

For the last couple of weeks I have been sick. It does not mean that I am bed ridden. There was no external sign. I have been doing everything normally as I was doing before. I met our house doctor several times but he seems to be taking very lightly. He neither examined my body nor did he ask me to do any x-ray. As my situation was becoming worse my Superior asked me to meet the doctor for the last time and then we would go to another doctor. With a heavy mind I went to meet the doctor. To my great surprise there was a different doctor. He came on a replacement. He was so kind to me. He gave a patient hearing to my problem. He also suggested the further course of action. As I was coming out of the doctor’s chamber I thought of meeting a person who resides just next door. Not sure of knowing where he was, I called him. He was in his room and asked me to come to his room. I went to his room and to my great surprise I found he had just returned from the hospital. He was admitted in the hospital and had an operation. I spent sometimes with him. While returning home, I was thinking about the experiences I had. I did not have any answer of why there was a different doctor today or why did I suddenly think of meeting that person. But I knew it was HIS plan! Often in my life I experience this type of situation. One of the great experience which turned my life was twelve years ago. Just after my class twelve final exams, moment came when I had to take a decision regarding my life. I had a plan to join the Jesuits. I wrote to them expressing my desire but I did not get any reply. My parents were worried about my future. They did not want me to lose any year. They asked me to get enrolled myself for higher studies. They gave me money and asked me to do so immediately. I took the money and went to the institution in the evening. As I was about to get myself registered I thought of waiting for just one more day. I returned home. To my great surprise I found there was a letter for me on my table. I opened it and found the invitation to join the Jesuits. I did not take any moment to leave my home. I always consider it was HIS plan!

I am aware that an atheist would term these experiences as mere co-incident or accident. I do not want to argue. All I know and I believe and I am convinced that these are HIS plans.

These days while I spend my time on studying and reflecting about God, His mystery, His existence, His love …and many more! Often I came across many controversies issues. Many books have written. Many opinions have been expressed. Sometimes I do agree with certain opinions and sometimes I disagree. But I do believe and am convinced that there is God. With my (eyes of) faith I see HIM, experience HIM and find HIM. Perhaps this is what my founder wanted from each one of us- finding God in everything! In this season of festivity, do we find God in our life…do we see HIS plan…!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...