Friday, September 17, 2010

che cosa pensi?

Mente sana in corpo sano


One of the first proverbs I learnt in Italian is ‘mente sana in corpo sano’, which in English translation would be ‘sound mind sound body’ and in my mother tongue would be ‘মন ভালতো সব ভালো’. I find this proverb very much in tune with my life. Often I have experienced that whenever I was ‘low or down’ it affected my other activities. Like the other day I was a bit tensed with regard to my admission. Though I knew that I was not to be blamed for anything but still I was down. I could not concentrate on my studies. It affected the different areas of my life. My friends who relate to me closely noticed it immediately. Though I pretended to be normal with them, but they felt that there was something wrong with me.


Often I think why we all cannot live without any problems! If we human beings are trouble makers, why cannot we stop creating problems? I know I am sound very unrealistic. These days I encounter a lot of people from my country who are living in Rome illegally, leading miserable lives here. It will take pages to describe all their problems, if I wish! Often I ask myself who is to be blamed for all their problems? When I listen to their problems, I feel I am far better off.

Why do I suddenly write on this topic? I have no answer to this…Within a few moments I leave this computer to begin my retreat…perhaps this is another occasion for me to reflect over my life, reflect on people around me…and most importantly to be with HIM, who loves me…

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...