Friday, July 30, 2010

Journeying with St Ignatius

Day 9: They show us the path!

Sometimes I wonder! I think! I reflect!


I wonder…Why did Bishop Linus Gomes SJ, after his retirement from the diocese volunteer to work in Bangladesh along with other Jesuits? What inspires him to make himself available for the service of the Church, when he could have easily spent his days in a retirement house in Calcutta or elsewhere in India?


I think…Why have young Indian Jesuits volunteered to work in Afghanistan, probably the most unsafe country in the world right now? T

I reflect… what makes Fr John FitzGerald so content and happy. He spent all his life in the mission countries of Africa and now at the last stage of his life he is back to his country, Ireland. He does not complain about anything, does not want to speak about the great works he did. He considers himself a very simple Jesuit.

These are Jesuits. They are born in different corner of the world. They worked in different corners of the world. But they are united in the same spirit. They draw the inspiration from St. Ignatius of Loyola.

They sometimes make me to wonder…to think…to reflect! They show us the path...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for opening your heart and sharing it with me, Ripon!
    Abbraccio!
    Deli.

    ReplyDelete

My life stopped on September 23, 2022

  In 2022...When my life stopped! As I get ready to say good bye to 2022, there are many memories popping up in my mind. 2022 was a memora...